AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MULTIPL OBJECT pop up ribbon menu not desired

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
993 Views, 1 Reply

MULTIPL OBJECT pop up ribbon menu not desired

Whenever I select more than one object,  a ribbom menu appears which says "Multiple objects".  I don't want this. The commands are not related to the purpose of my selection.  It takes me away from the task at hand - say erase or copy.  Now I have to select a two tabs (two extra click steps) before I can use the command erase (or any other command i need) . This is counter productive. How can I stop this and why is it doing it?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

In the upper left corner of your screen there is Large Red "A." Click on it to open the "file" options.

Click the button in the bottom middle that says "Options."

Click on the tab entitled "Selection."

In the bottom right is a button "Contextual Tabs States." Give it a click.

Under the "Contextual tab display" header, click the button next to "Do not switch to contextual tab selection." Or as I like to call it "AutoCAD, do not try to open up a window that you think will help me unless I tell you so."

Click OK until you're back to your main screen and enjoy the freedom of selecting more than one object without AutoCAD freaking out.

~JAYCE

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost