AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost workspace

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
687 Views, 5 Replies

Lost workspace

I have just come back from a week in the Bahamas to find my AutoCAD Architecture malfunctioning big time:

The first thing i did was open a drawing that i had received from a civil engineer and it opened with a completely different user interface/workspace. There are no paper space or model space tabs, my model space has a grey background, even the font in the command window is different. I've tried rebooting and opening other files but nothing is resetting my original workspace.

I remember when I first installed the new 2012 i was able to use a workspace called AutoCAD Classic which i modified, but that is not even an option anymore.

Has this happened to anyone? Any suggestions? Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
MarySeufert
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like you had been using the AutoCAD Architecture as AutoCAD profile. A default installation will give you three shortcuts on your desktop ACA as AutoCAD, ACA Imperial and ACA Metric. ACA as AutoCAD is the only profile that has the AutoCAD Classic Workspace. Double check which shortcut you are using to launch your session. Look under options -> profile tab, which profile is current?

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Thanks,

It looks like the current profile is AutoCAD Architecture (Imperial). Should I select the AutoCAD option instead?

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: MarySeufert

MARY!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I am officially in love with you! 😄

Hope you have a wonderful day, you have made mine 1000 times better.

Message 5 of 6
MarySeufert

No problem Smiley Happy

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 6 of 6
Matasovsky
in reply to: MarySeufert

"Any suggestions"..

Go back to the Bahamas!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost