AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locking files

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
AMC663
212 Views, 1 Reply

Locking files

Hi All,

This problem started about 2-3 weeks ago (we did not change any settings) where if I have both the layout file and the attached xref open at the same time and I refresh the xref disappears.

It doesn’t matter who has the Xref open.  If anyone else opens the layout while the Xref is open it will not display.  I had this settings for ions and never had this happen and this doesn't happen w/ all projects.

In my Preferences Demand load is set to:
Enabled with copy
Retain changes  Xref layers

Allow other users to Refedit current drawing

Any ideas?

Thanks, GS

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: AMC663

Does everyone else have Demand Load set to either enabled with copy or disabled?  If someone else has a file open that has the same source file externally referenced but has Demand Load set to enabled, that will result in the source file being locked.  I would not expect that to prevent anyone else from being able to load that file in if externally referenced (I know it used to prevent anyone from being able to update the file), but it has been a while since I have run into this issue and I am not 100% certain that the lock would not interfere with others externally referencing the file.

Even if it is not supposed to interfere with others externally referencing the file, your network setup and permissions may be denying access because of that lock.  It would be worth making certain that no one has Demand Load set to enabled and see if that clears up the problem.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost