AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lines moving each other at corners

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
kathrynh
5518 Views, 5 Replies

Lines moving each other at corners

I  am having a problem with moving a line that is attached at a corner to another, as it moves that line as if I clicked on the intersecting snap point at the end of both lines and dragged it. I want to move or copy the line away, but it somehow is attached to the other, and is quite annoying and impossible to work with without deleting and redrawing lines. I've tried exploding them, but they are not joined in that way, and are not "grouped" (I don't think, because when I did "group" them, it made a box around them and highlighted both lines at the same time). A symbol shows that is two boxes, one an outline and the other solid which is up and to the right. I can't figure out what mode it is in to turn it off! Does anybody know, thanks! 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dbroad
in reply to: kathrynh

In ACA there are two most probable causes.

1) The constraint system (enable the parameters tab and show all constraints).  Constraints are ways to link non-AEC objects with each other.  It is possible you have turned the constraintinfer on.

2) The anchoring system (object anchor is most likely).  This creates relationships between objects. When objects are anchored, if you move the anchored object it will remain on the object it is anchored to.  When you move the object to which other objects are anchored, those object move with it.  Click on the object and look in the properties palette to see if it has anchor associated with it.

Exploding only works on blocks and mvblocks and is usually a bad idea in ACA.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 3 of 6
r.hen
in reply to: dbroad

Help! I am having the same problem, but can't fix it!! Can you offer any other solutions?

Message 4 of 6
r.hen
in reply to: r.hen

Sorry, I forgot to add; there are no constraints listed, and in my properties there is no anchor option.

Message 5 of 6
suziewiley
in reply to: r.hen

Hi Im having the same problem, did you ever work it out?Screen Shot 2017-01-18 at 11.47.21 am.png

Message 6 of 6
David_W_Koch
in reply to: suziewiley

You can use the DELCONSTRAINT command to delete the constraints already applied to objects in your drawing file.

Set CONSTRAINTINFER to 0 to turn off the inference of constraints as you draw.  That system variable is stored in the registry, so you only need to do it once (per user, per profile, per computer) and it will affect all drawings.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost