AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Left click cancels command?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
datumcadservices
768 Views, 5 Replies

Left click cancels command?

Hello!

Left mouse click problem in AutoCAD Architectural 2011. Does anybody know how to over come this problem? Your help would be appreciated.

If I start with a new drawing and wish to draw a line or circle etc, the second left mouse click cancels the command.

E.g. Left click the line command, left click in model space for the start point, but this second click cancels the original command.

Or

If I open an existing drawing and wish to modify or move a line etc, the left click cancels the command.

E.g. Left click the move command, left click the line to be moved, Right click to confirm selection, left click begin move, but this left click cancels the original command.

The mouse is fine with all other programs and I have also tried the "PICKFIRST" command which has no effect on the problem.

Please Help!

Lee

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: datumcadservices

Left click, as in the pick button? A test, type .LINE (note the period) and try again, still does it?

Message 3 of 6
datumcadservices
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

Yes as in left click button on the mouse as the pick button.

If I type in "line" on the command line followed by the "return" key, I am asked to specify the first point, but when I "left mouse click" in model space to identify the start position the command is cancelled the actual text is as follows.

Command : LINE

Specify first point : (so I left click in model space)

then I automatically get the following;

Specify next point or [Undo ]: *Cancel*

command : *Cancel*

Message 4 of 6
pendean
in reply to: datumcadservices

Forgive me, but I don't see you type what I suggested, .LINE (that's a period and the word LINE tofether, this calls the core command we all use).

What mouse driver are you using? what is the PICK button also allowed to do in that driver? If you remove it, uninstall it, and let Windows be your mouse driver, does the problem go away?

Message 5 of 6

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my queries and offer your assistance, but we decided to do a complete systems re-install and then re-install AutoCAD Architecture 2011 and all our other software etc.

Now I just have to find out how to get the "Classic view" as I do not like the "Ribbon" arrangement its far too time consuming but reading the forums I think its going to be a long slug and a proper nightmare to sort. Would you know of any quick answers to this? ( I don't have the"classic" option to select in my work space). I am seriously thinking of re-loading 2009

Thank you for your help

Message 6 of 6

There is no classic interface option in the ACA.cuix file; all of the toolbars and pulldown menus have been removed.  (The reference in the Help is for the ACAD.cuix file.)  Autodesk decided that they were not going to maintain both interfaces.

If you search around these Discussion Groups, you should be able to find a ZIP file that was briefly posted on the Autodesk site just after 2010 came out, that provided a way to add the old toolbars and pulldowns to the 2010 CUIX.  Those files may or may not work in 2011 - I never tried to install them on either release.  You could also transfer the menu items you want from your 2009 ACA.cuix file to (a copy of) the 2011 ACA.cuix file, and then add them to a new workspace that you create.  Keep in mind that neither of those methods will include access to new commands or features, which you would have to add through further customization of the CUIX file.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost