AutoCAD Architecture General

Contributor
Message 1 of 1 (117 Views)

Layer Descriptions

117 Views, 0 Replies
02-27-2012 12:24 PM

Hi all,

Note we are a property owner, not an architecture firm. We're moving from another CAD software to AutoCAD Architecture.  Eventually, we'll be in Revit when we have the machines to run it.

Question:  I have set-up a layer standard  within a standard drawing (dws) that include layer descriptions.  The reason layer discription will be helpful as the CAD techs are not used to the National CAD Standard Layers and I thought it would be helpful to have the old layer names available to sort by in the layer manager.  However, I found out that running CAD Standards-Layer Translator on the exported dwgs fixed all the layer fields except the description.  Too bad it seemed like a elegant/easy solution.

We have 70 dwgs exported from the other CAD application with 50 layers for each drawing.  Is there a way besides manually typing them to populate the layer description fields for 3500 layers in our new drawings?

Best regards,

Andy

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you interested in helping shape the Autodesk Community?
We’re looking at a few different ways to improve the “All Forums” landing page and need your feedback! If interested, please take a few minutes to fill out the following Usability Study. Thank you for your time!

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community