AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jumping ship....

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Oilymo
342 Views, 2 Replies

Jumping ship....

Dear All,

I posted this on the Revit forum but got no answers so I thought I'd try here;

Firstly this is not a question about which product is better so please refrain from getting drawn into that argument.

We are experienced AutoCAD Architecture (ACA) users and have been using this product for the past 10 years. Our core business is domestic extensions, loft conversions, structural alterations etc with the occasional new build house in the UK.  Product support for ACA is now diminishing with all resources being focused on Revit. We have used Revit in the past and really like the concept/way it works especially as we demo and model with customers present but we have concerns before we potentially jump ship;

How does it handle domestic extensions and loft conversions, especially detailing?

Has anyone experience with both products in the UK? Not just for demo purposes but in a business role.

Is it worth the extra cost and downtime? At the moment we can produce a full set of plans from survey in 4-5 hours.

Each house we visit is different (aren't they all) along with the windows and doors. ACA allows us to create unique windows and doors very easily. How does Revit handle unique windows and doors?

Thanks for your comments, greatly appreciated.

Ben
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: Oilymo

Only you can answer those questions: sorry, economics of changing software is a choice you have to make based on your clients and project teams' needs and requirements.

Of you can generate sustainable income from only one platform or two will have to be researched by you with your client base and your work sources.

Good luck: I for one do not know of a firm that is exclusively REVIT all the time unless they are one of those giant global AEC firms.
Message 3 of 3

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost