AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPG plots have no lineweights

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
dbd63
6263 Views, 2 Replies

JPG plots have no lineweights

I've Web searched this topic, and found no answer.  I am unable to output a raster image from AutoCAD Architecture 2008 that carries the lineweights defined in the drawing.  .jpg and .png output comes out with everything the same thin line.  Outputting a .dwf or a .pdf from the same file is no problem- lineweights come through fine.  Resolution of the .jpg is not the problem- they're 5100 across.  Lineweights don't display in Plot Preview.

Are raster image plots from AutoCAD capable of respecting the lineweights defined in the drawing and the .stb?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pendean
in reply to: dbd63

The higher the res on your raster image output, the thicker-than-normal your lineweights need to be, well beyond what you would even consider acceptable for paper output. That's the nature of resizing raster output, the little ink dots that draw those lines shrink.

You will have to create a custom plot style table, and the first thing you need to do is jack up the thickest line setting you have to the maximum then test and see the results. OR lower your JPG outout dramatically.

See attached two samples: both use the same exact plot style table, one is low-res the other is not.

You are better off converting your PDF to a raster with some professional tools instead.

Message 3 of 3
dbd63
in reply to: pendean

I would not have guessed that high resolution would produce less desriable results.  Wierd.  I may take the time to develop an .stb just for plotting .jpgs.  But a co-worker pointed out that I can just plot a .pdf and open it in Photoshop at whatever resolution I want.  I knew that- just forgot.  It comes in with lineweights, and the bonus is that the linework also comes in against a transparent background, which makes layering and selections much easier.

Thanks Dean.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost