AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating 3d model and background image for a perspective?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1395 Views, 4 Replies

Integrating 3d model and background image for a perspective?

I'm having trouble accurately placing a 3D model, after camera view is activated, in a background image. The combined elements need to conform to perspective principles thus look at least a best fit. Any help getting this right would be greatly appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
KathyMoffa
in reply to: Anonymous

Once you have set up your camera view, use the View Manager (enter View at the command line), select the camera name you just created, and go to Background Override to add a background image, then adjust it with the x and y offset slider. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the reply. I have gone through that procedure, but will try again to ensure no mistakes were made. The biggest issue previously is the model becomes difficult to manoeuvre accurately. Do you edit the picture in photoshop first to aid the perspective integration?

Message 4 of 5
KathyMoffa

If you are trying to use an actual site photo to place your model and do an exterior rendering, and you haven't created your own terrain with trees & shrubs,  for the best results you will probably need to do some editing of the image before as well as the rendered image afterwards.   It's a more difficult task to set your model into the photo, than set your model with the view command and use the image for background only (as with  in an interior rendering looking out).

Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

I am trying to do the former, so looks as though it will be more difficult. But I do see that placing the background in an interior view would be quite straightforward. Will have to edit the photo more to get an accurate result. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost