AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing ACA 2009 on Windows 7 x64

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1377 Views, 7 Replies

Installing ACA 2009 on Windows 7 x64

I have Windows 7 x64 and have been trying to install as a trial version on a recently upgraded machine running Windows 7 Pro x64.  All pertinent hardware was replaced (motherboard and processor with 8gb RAM).  I have run the x32 product in XP Pro without issue, but as I attempt to install a trial version using the product disks, it only wants to allow me to activate the product.  I do not have the option to run as trial software.  I'm curious if ACA 2009 actually runs on Windos 7 Pro. If it DOES run, are there issues with running as a trial version?  I've searched on this site for answers but none that I could find... so I thought I'd just ask.

Many thanks in advance.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Dhrd
in reply to: Anonymous

The 64-bit version of ACA 2009 runs very well on Windows 7 64-bit. I run it every day for about 8 hours. The only issue that I have encountered is the ‘Osnap’ dialog box doesn’t display properly. In fact, I think ACA 2009 (64-bit) runs better than ACA 2011 (64-bit) on Windows 7 (64-bit).

With regard to your issue make should that you are installing the 64-bit version of ACA on windows 7 (64-bit) not the 32 bit version. I was told that the 32 bit version of ACA won’t install on Windows 7 (64-bit.

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Dhrd

I do have the x64 version of ACA 2009.  I'm glad to hear that it runs on Windows 7 x64.  I just can't seem to get it running in trial mode.  It just says I need to activate it before I can run it.  Any thoughts as to why this may be happening?

Message 4 of 8
Dhrd

Have you installed the trial version before on this computer and used up the 30 day time period? If so, you cannot install it again and get an additional 30 days. The information about when you first installed the program will always stay in the windows registry, even when you uninstall the program.

Also, if you installed and uninstalled the program on Windows Vista and then upgraded to Windows 7, you will encounter the problem you are having because the windows registry is the same.

Thirdly, I was told that if you have Windows XP, then backed up your system using Microsoft File Transfer and then used the backup file to copy files and information to a new installation of Windows 7, registry information is copied the Windows 7 registry.

Thirdly, I was told that if you backed up Windows XP with Microsoft File Transfer, then used the backup file to copy files and information to a new installation of Windows 7, registry information is copied the Windows 7 registry.

Message 5 of 8
jdoljac6015

We have only 2 machines with Windows 7 and ACA 2009....   Other than the Osnap issue, we have also seen something odd with the grips/highlight of a polyline.  We drew a simple L shaped pline with the longest leg at approx. 12'-0"....  the polyline has 3 grip points; 1 at each endpoint and 1 at the vertice.  We select the pline, the grips show up, the pline highlights... but as we zoom into the endpoint grip of the long leg... the highlight jogs around the grip... even at times it makes a small elbow on the highlight.  I'm not sure if anyone else has seen something this odd.  But, if you get a chance, try it out to see if you get the same results.  I was thinking that it could be a display setting or something with the graphics card.  Let me know if anyone has a suggestion.  Thanks, Jane...

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

No, this was a clean install.  I have the x64 disk and am going from x32 on Win XP to x64 on Win 7.  I started over on this computer... nothing was copied over. 

Thanks though.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

You said it was an upgraded machine, but a clean install, so I'm guessing you reused the hard drive, right?  If you didn't format or otherwise wipe the hard drive then I suspect Win7 found the XP registry and imported it on its own.  Nothing to back that up other than experience with previous Windows upgrades, but it's a place to start looking.

Message 8 of 8
jviggers

Hi,   I was wondering if you have a workaround for the osnap display issue inACA 2009 and Win 7?  Any advice would be appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost