AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JamieNHS
560 Views, 4 Replies

Installation problem

Hi guys, I'm trying to support a user that needs Architecture 2011 reinstalling, the problem is, instead of uninstalling the software from add/remove, he seems to have just deleted the files from Program Files, the software isn't appearing in add/remove now, there were various dead shortcuts left on the start menu and it's a complete mess. When I try to install the software, the boxes are greyed out, so presumably it still thinks the software is installed.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction? I guess there may be some registry entries I need to delete?

Thanks in advance for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JamieNHS
in reply to: JamieNHS

I should perhaps also say that he has the 2010 version installed as well and would like to keep that on there for the time being, could that be affecting it at all?

Cheers

Message 3 of 5
TravisNave

No 2010 will not affect this.  What you need to do is use the Microsoft Installer Clean-Up Utility to remove the registered 2011 information from Windows.  This will allow you to reinstall.

Please post installation questions in the Installation and License forum.  I would have gotten to it immediately there. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5
JamieNHS

Hi Travis,

Many thanks for this, I've just used the tool and now the software seems to be installing just fine.

Apologies for using the wrong forum

Cheers

Message 5 of 5
TravisNave

Glad you are up and running! 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost