AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In-Place Clean-up Edit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BBP-Arch
419 Views, 3 Replies

In-Place Clean-up Edit

Hi-

I've recently discovered In-Place Clean-up Edit and it has changed my life. Why didn't anyone tell me about this before? Weird wall clean-ups that don't work are a thing of the past...yeee-haw!

However...

For some reason, I can't get out of edit mode...I'm stuck in it right now. Once done w/ all the editing of the wall clean-ups, there is no way to end the command! I thought that there was a 'finish' icon that appeared on the ribbon during the editing of a clean-up in-place....

Is this weird? Have I inadvertantly altered a setvar?

Scott

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: BBP-Arch

When entering in-place edit mode, you should have gotten the Edit in Place:  Wall Cleanup ribbon tab, which has an Edits panel with Cancel and Finish tools to end the in-place edit mode, either by abandoning or saving (respectively) the changes you made.

The Finish tool runs the AecInplaceEditSaveAll command.  The Cancel tool runs the AecInplaceEditDiscard command.  You should be able to type one of those at the Command prompt to exit in-place edit mode.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
BBP-Arch
in reply to: David_W_Koch

David-

You're exactly right, I SHOULD have gotten the "Edit in Place:  Wall Cleanup ribbon tab", but it doesn't appear. That, I believe, is the crux of my problem. How do I get that ribbon to appear?

Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: BBP-Arch

If you are using an out-of-the-box ACA.cuix file (or a customized version based on that), you should get that contextual ribbon tab automatically, if you are a relatively recent release.  What version of ACA are you using?  If you are cleaning up Walls in place, I assume you are not running ACA as AutoCAD, or are otherwise using the ACAD.cuix file, and you have not disabled the ribbon or disabled contextual ribbon tabs.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost