AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFC naming

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
tommasonerbini
249 Views, 0 Replies

IFC naming

Hey,

I am a basic user of Revit. I know how to make a building in Revit, but nothing further. But now, I have to find out if it's possible to import an IFC-file in such a way that the imported IFC-file will use the existing (prepared) walls in Revit.

let me try to explain this:

I've made a template with all the exterior and interior walls that we want to use in this project. We want that the IFC-file (made in rhino) recognizes these prepared walls in Revit and uses it. For instance, I made a wall called "exterior_GR" in the Revit-template and I made a wall in rhino with the same name (exterior_GR). Now if I try to import the IFC-file into the Revit template, the IFC-file creates it's own wall by calling it "exterior_GR1" instead of using the wall I've prepared in Revit.

So, is there an option or something else to make the IFC-file use the existing walls in revit?

I hope my question is explained clear,
any responds is welcome, also if you're pretty sure this isn't possible, please let me know

thank you

Tags (3)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost