AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update older Autodesk versions with newer versions

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
1ram
339 Views, 3 Replies

How to update older Autodesk versions with newer versions

We have clients with drawings from older versions of AutoCAD (14, 2i, 3, 3.3 etc.) that would be very helpful to our work if we could bring them into newer AutoCAD versions.  

We are presently using 2009, but have versions from 2i through Architecture 2009 and Revit 2009.

Can we bring these older drawing versions directly into 2009 or must we use a series of backward compatible versions incrementally until we reach 2009?  

We'd rather not go back and reinstall older software if it isn't necessary.

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: 1ram

Assuming that the files are no corrupt, you should be able to open an older file in 2009.  Be aware that once you save it in the 2007 format (which is what 2009 uses), you will not be able to open the saved file in a earlier version.  But if the only concern is bringing the files forward to the file format you are currently using, they should open in 2009.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
MarySeufert
in reply to: David_W_Koch

I usually have to recover my R14 files when opening it in 2009. Don't know if this is specific to these drawings being created with R14/2000 Land Desktop, or if it also occurs with plain R14/2000. The drawings are not corrupt, but for whatever reason require a recovery when being opened in AutoCAD 2007 and above.

~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 4 of 4
1ram
in reply to: MarySeufert

Thanks for the R14 experience.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost