AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

Active Contributor
daley1234
Message 1 of 3 (620 Views)

How to add a window vent to a slab roof

620 Views, 2 Replies
07-27-2013 06:59 AM

Hi Guys,

I am trying to add a window vent to my roof slab, I have never done this before and would love to get some help in so doing. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I'm using autocad architecture 2013. 

Valued Mentor
KathyMoffa
Message 2 of 3 (603 Views)

Re: How to add a window vent to a slab roof

07-28-2013 02:26 PM in reply to: daley1234

You can't add a Window to a roof slab, but you can cut a hole in the slab, then add a Mass and assign a glass material.  To cut the hole,  in plan view, draw a polyline in the shape of your opening.  You do not need to align this polyline with the roof slab.  Now, use the polyline to cut a hole in the slab.    The simplest way to construct the window is to align the UCS with the hole by picking 3 endpoints of the opening you just cut.    If you just want to seee the glass, you can  draw a polyline around the opening, convert it to a mass and apply a glass material.  You can use this same procedure to build a frame and more accurate window.    I don't know of a way to make it actually function as a window, where you could show it fully or partially open.

Active Contributor
daley1234
Message 3 of 3 (580 Views)

Re: How to add a window vent to a slab roof

08-03-2013 05:40 AM in reply to: KathyMoffa
Thanks much KathyMoffa

I thought as much

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community