AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you turn off contexual ribbon tabs

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
archbaech
1945 Views, 2 Replies

How do you turn off contexual ribbon tabs

I'm a right clicker.  Contextual ribbon tabs pop up every time I touch an object. They require additional clicks and mouse movements. I don't want them. How can I stop them? I just want the default ribbon.  I was able to do this on a previous version but now I forget how. Version upgrades do not bode well for old people.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: archbaech

The following applies to ACA 2014. Your mileage may vary in previous releases.

In the Options dialog, on the Selection tab, in the Ribbon options area in the lower right corner, select the Contextual Tab States button. In the Ribbon Contextual Tab State Options dialog, in the Contextual tab display area at the top, choose the Do not switch to contextual tab on selection radio button. Select OK twice to return to the drawing.

Or, if you would like to have the tab stay at the back on first selection, but would like to be able to bring it to the front without having to select the tab of the contextual ribbon tab, you can choose the Show on double-click radio button instead. When this option is selected, choosing an object or objects will call up the associated contextual ribbon tab (if any); if you then double-click on a selected object, the tab will come to the front.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
archbaech
in reply to: David_W_Koch

That is the ticket!  Thank you for the solution David.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost