AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you associate a theme's display properties to a space style?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
538 Views, 1 Reply

How do you associate a theme's display properties to a space style?

I am new to AutoCAD architecture spaces and themes. I am still learning all the correct terms so please bear with me.

I have created a display theme style and legend with custom theme names (i.e. SECURITY, etc.). I have changed the themes display properties to what I want (i.e. ANSI31, blue, etc.).

I have also created space styles with the same custom names (i.e. SECURITY, etc.).

When I create a space with a custom space style the display properties do not match the theme. I am hoping to find a way to have the space style display properties change when I change theme display properties.

How do I get these items associated? Is it possible?

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Display Themes are used to change the display settings on objects based on one or more Schedule Properties attached to the Objects.

The Design Rules tab of a Display Theme Style has two sections.  In the top part, labeled Theme Settings, you define the display settings that are to be applied.  It sounds like you have done this.

In the bottom part, you set up Theme Rules that determine when a Theme Setting will be applied.  Each Index in the top part needs to have one or more rules that state when that Index's settings get applied.  Each rule lists a Property Set and a Property, and then sets a condition, a value and, if there are to be more rules, an operator (Or or And).  For any given object, the rule(s) for Index 1 are evaluated.  If the object meets the rule's requirements, the display settings for Index 1 are applied.  If not, then the rules for Index 2 are evaluated, and so on, until a match is found or all Indices are evaluated.  If there is no match, then the object's display is not changed.  It sounds like you may not have set up this part.

If you want to base your theme on the name of your Space Styles, then you will need to create (or find) a Property Set that includes a propery that references the Style automatic property source.  The out-of-the-box SpaceStyles Property Set has a property called Style that does so; if you want to use that, make certain that it has been added to all of your Space Styles.

Next, edit your Display Theme Style and set up a rule for each Index, that uses the SpaceStyles Style property.  Select each Index in turn, and add the appropriate rule.  For example, if Index 1 is for your Security Space Style, then the Theme Rule for Index 1 (Theme Rule Index 1.1) would have SpaceStyles in the Property Set column, Style in the Property column, Equal to as the condition, Security as the Value and since this will be the only rule, the operator does not matter (And works).

You may want to look at some of the out-of-the-box Display Themes.  There are several that do something similar to what you are doing, color-coding Spaced based on the Style Name.  Seeing how these are set up should help you set up your own.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost