AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I change from feet and inches to meters in ACA 2011?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
obi1knube
38124 Views, 2 Replies

How can I change from feet and inches to meters in ACA 2011?

Hello there, I was constructing the down floor of a house in one document, then I opened another document for the next floor of the building, I copied all the drawings from the old document to the new one, but instead of allowing me to continue to make modifications in meters, now I have to do it in feet and inches. 

Please can some one tell me how to view and modify my shapes, measuring  them in meters. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: obi1knube

When starting a new drawing, you will want to be certain that you are using a template file that has the units set the way you want.  If you start a new file with the QNEW command, it will use the template file specified in the Options dialog.

It sounds like you may need to change that default template file setting.  In the Options dialog, on the Files tab, expand the Template Settings and Default Template File Name for QNEW nodes.  Under the latter node, change the specified template file to one that is set up the way you want.

You can change the units settings in the file that you have already started.  You may need to do some rescaling, depending upon whether the objects you brought in from your meters-based file were "automatically" scaled when you brought them into the feet-and-inches file (and whether you choose to scale them when you change the drawing units).  If you have not done a lot of work in that file, you may find it easier to start over in a new file with the proper units.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
obi1knube
in reply to: obi1knube

I am very Grateful to you Mr David Koch, I am  begining to enjoy this program!!!!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost