AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Create a Half-Door in ACA 2014?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
564 Views, 3 Replies

How To Create a Half-Door in ACA 2014?

I'm new to the architecture package, but not AutoCAD. I just got training and this has stumped my instructor and me. We use half doors in our buildings and can't figure out how to design one. The door and frame that will finish @ 42" AFF. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance.

Bill M

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

I am not certain exactly what you are asking.  Do you want a door that is 42" high, that fills the frame, or do you want a normal height frame (80" or 84" or whatever) with a 42" high leaf?  The former is easy (set the door height to 42"), so I assume that is not what you want.  If you want the latter, you will need to turn off the Panel component and add a custom block to represent the door panel in Display Representations where you want different graphics than the out-of-the-box components provide.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I'm looking for basically a dutch door where the top section of the door is removed, and the frame is cut off @ 42" AFF...no top horizontal frame component.

Message 4 of 4
David_W_Koch

Then you would also have to turn off the Frame component, and add custom block(s) to show the frame to 42".

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost