AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - Cut plan issue

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
1bdchristian
292 Views, 5 Replies

Help - Cut plan issue

On the attached drawing I have doors at two levels one at grade and one @ 36'6" With the cut line set at 3'6" everything shows correct except I have  a cut out in my wall for the high door. When I change my cut plane tp 40'-0" the upper door shows and everything below shows correct. How can I get this wall cutout for my high door out of the lower cut plan?

thanks Byron

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jmcintyre
in reply to: 1bdchristian

In the properties of the wall, under the 'display' tab you can override the cut plane of an individual wall to whatever is required. You can also get to this by selecting the wall and from the right-click menu 'edit object display'.

Message 3 of 6
1bdchristian
in reply to: jmcintyre

I have played with this for two days and I  cannot seem to close the opng for the door when the cut plan is set to the low elevation. where you able to get it to close?

Message 4 of 6
ntellery

Does True cut do it?

I've always struggled along with the various settings as well.

TC might work with some other settings turned off as well.

www.ausaca.blogspot.com
Do you know all about the Roof Object? Learn it's secrets
http://ausaca.blogspot.com.au/p/roof-object-video-links.html
Message 5 of 6
jmcintyre

In the display manager this configuration has its cut plane set to 40 feet. If you set it to 3'6" or there abouts you might have more luck.

Message 6 of 6
1bdchristian
in reply to: jmcintyre

Got to work with true cut. I have attached the drawing. Change the cut plane from 3'6" to 40' and back and you will see the walls change as I need them to.

Thanks to everyones input

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost