AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIGHLIGHTING

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
609 Views, 7 Replies

HIGHLIGHTING

Now that I'm comfortably working in ACA 2011 I have one annoying problem.  Any time that I leave my cursor on a line or an object they get "highlighted".  I can move any place on a drawing, pause, and something gets highlighted.  I have tried all three (1,2,3) of the SELECTIONPREVIEW settings and the problem still exists.  In order to eliminate the highlighting I have to regen.  Right clicking won't do it.  This is especially annoying when you are working in close on an object while modifying the object in some manner and you inadvertently highlight a line, etc.    I've never encountered this problem in any previous version.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ray Cox

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jcp
Advocate
in reply to: Anonymous

In ACA 2009 & 2010 there is also a Sectionpreview 0 setting that completely turns preview off, might that work?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Actually setting 1 does the same thing but neither gives you a preview of the object that you want to work with.  Thanks for the suggestion, however.

Ray

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

For anyone that may be interested I think that I have solved the problem.  Any new drawing that I begin in ACA 2011 works ok, however, the highlighting problem seems to be with any ACA 2009 drawing that I open in ACA 2011.

Ray

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

we have the SAME exact problem. its REALLY annoying... only thing is - the majority of our drawings have been started in previous versions...not something we can resolve easily?

any other thoughts? i've tried the highlight command as well and turned it to 0 - still doesn't really work....

plus i still want what i selected highlighted....

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

I still have an occasional incident with the highlighting but I found that if I click on REGEN it goes away and usually stays away.  I have migrated all of my work from previous versions to 2011 and have had very little problem with highlighting since then.  Why?  Who knows.

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

If I understand everyone correctly, you want to turn off the highlighting effect when you hover over an object.   This is handled by the "Selectionpreview" system variable.  Set it to 0 and nothing will highlight unless you select it to grips or via a command.

The previous comment that setting it to "1" does the same thing is incorrect.  That will still highlight objects when a command is not active.  Setting it to "0" will turn it off entirely.

If it's all turned off and you still have highlighting sticking around requiring a regen, I'd start to suspect display adapter problems.  Either it's low on memory or the drivers are out of date/ incompatable.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

thank you thank you thank you!

that was driving us nuts here in our office.

must be a new default setting as we've never messed with it on other versions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost