AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generate spaces and frozen layers

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
_Steven_
632 Views, 6 Replies

Generate spaces and frozen layers

Hi to all. When we created spaces by generating AA recognizes walls that are on a frozen layer, so he creates space, even inside walls that are frozen. This is not great, this story. Will he has a way of generating spaces without AA detects walls that are frozen layers? I Generated accurate and not Polygon or Insert or Rectangle. I hope the translation is good because I do not speak English fluently Thank you Google Translate.
Steven

Ce post vous a été utile ? N'hésitez pas à aimer ce post.
Ce post a-t-il répondu à votre question ? Cliquez sur le bouton APPROUVER LA SOLUTION en dessous de la réponse.

« L’homme de bien n’exige pas de l’autre qu’il soit parfait, il l’aide à accomplir ce qu’il a en lui de meilleur. »
Lao Tseu
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Laks-Autodesk
in reply to: _Steven_

Hi Steve,

If the wall that is frozen has its Bound Spaces property set to No in the property palette, space generate will not consider this wall and ignore it for space calculation. This applies to any object that bound spaces whether visible or not.

You can also use the SpaceShowBoundingObjects command to see which objects are bounding spaces.

Regards,

Laks

Regards,
Lakshminarasimhan Seshadri
Autodesk
Message 3 of 7
_Steven_
in reply to: Laks-Autodesk

Hi,

I do not understand. I can not find in the Properties window, in order to No to bound spaces

On the video, as an attachment, you can see that the spaces are generated, even with walls that are on frozen layers. But I do not want AutoCAD, takes into account the walls that are on frozen layers.

Video ---> https://www.dropbox.com/s/tws0871m5ratu9w/aires_et_calques_gel%C3%A9s.zip
Steven

Ce post a-t-il répondu à votre question ? Cliquez sur le bouton APPROUVER LA SOLUTION en dessous de la réponse.

« L’homme de bien n’exige pas de l’autre qu’il soit parfait, il l’aide à accomplir ce qu’il a en lui de meilleur. »
Lao Tseu
Message 4 of 7
David_W_Koch

Vanilla AutoCAD objects have a Bound spaces property, on the Design tab of the Properties palette, down at the bottom under the Advanced category.  AutoCAD Architecture Walls, as you have noted, do not.  You can control the space-bounding properties of a Wall only at the style level, by unchecking the Objects of this style may act as a boundary for associative spaces toggle when editing the Wall style, on the General tab, near the bottom, just above the Notes button.  This will affect all Walls of that style.

AutoCAD Architecture's recognizing Walls on frozen layers as still being space-bounding is consistent with the way it treats AEC objects in general.  Walls on frozen layers as well as Walls in clipped external references that are beyond the clip will still clean up with other Walls in the same cleanup group.  Spaces on frozen layers will still be seen by location grip of an object to which a location property has been attached.

What is the nature of the Walls which you have on a frozen layer?  If this is a renovation project, and the Walls in question are Walls that are being demolished, and you still need them to be room bounding for Spaces that are being demollished, you may want to move them and the demolished Spaces to separate drawing file that is only referenced into your demolition sheets, to avoid problems with room bounding and with having new and demolished Spaces overlapping (if you are making use of location properties).

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Laks-Autodesk

Sorry for the confusion. It's not possible to override the bound spaces property of wall instances; can be done only per wall style level.

Thanks to Dave for elaborating on this topic.

Regards,
Lakshminarasimhan Seshadri
Autodesk
Message 6 of 7
FitzUS

According to the HELP documentation you need to enter the command,  AECSPACEDISPLAYBOUNDSPACESPROPERTY and set it to YES before that will show up in the properties palette.   Also in the HELP documentation is a page called About Valid Boundary Objects for Associative Spaces.  That gives better information on what objects will be valid for using spaces.

As noted above the most effective way to have AutoCAD Architect ignore some AEC boundary objects is to have them placed in an XREF.  You can unload the reference file when you don't need it, or you can set the Boundary to No for the entire Xref when it selected and shown in the properties palette.

Tags (3)
Message 7 of 7
_Steven_
in reply to: FitzUS

Hi to all,

Thank you for your answers were enlightening.
I remember the solution of the Xref is simple and fast.

good day
Steven

Lao Tseu

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost