AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Favorite Material

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
1bdchristian
371 Views, 4 Replies

Favorite Material

Why would my Favorites library in material browser be locked or is missing? when I drop my material in favorites I get a message stating that "Changes to the library cannot be made. The library file is currently locked or missing."

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

The favorite materials are stored in the FavoriteMaterials.adsklib file. Check if the file is read-only (shows a lock icon in the materials palette) or missing from its location. It should be under C:\Users\<user>\Appdata\Roaming\Autodesk\<product>\enu\Materials.

Regards,
Lakshminarasimhan Seshadri
Autodesk
Message 3 of 5

I have gotten that far the file is there and it not read only. I also have full access to the directory it is in. For some reason it remains locked in my material browser.

Message 4 of 5

Hi Byron,

Which version of AutoCAD Architecture are you using?

Did you migrate the Materials Library from a previous version or add it from a different machine?

If you place the library file on your desktop, right-click and select Properties, is the option available to "Unblock..." the file? If so, try this, and replace the file in the proper location, then try again.

If the file is not blocked or read-only, and neither is the location, you may try running AutoCAD Architecture as Administrator (right-click the acad.exe file and select "Run as Administrator").

If the file is still blocked at this point, try resetting the program to defaults and/or repairing the installation.

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 5 of 5

I am using 2013, the material is OTB and I was wanting to add to the favorites in the Browser. I followed your direction guess I am going to reload now.

thanks Byron

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost