AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL ERROR!! Please help! Confusing!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
TheEdster75
376 Views, 5 Replies

FATAL ERROR!! Please help! Confusing!

I am getting an Fatal Error when opening a CAD file uploaded from an FTP site and also emailed directly to me from an outside consultant. Orginal file is a newer version of CAD and also once this error took place I had then save down to AutoCAD 2000 and it still crashes my AutoCAD... I am running AutoCAD Architecture 2010. I have included a screen shot of the exact error I am getting. Does anyone know what that specific error means? I can find nothing online about that specific error number. Thanks in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
jking
in reply to: TheEdster75

"Exception" is a computer programming term used to refer to an error related to execution of the program.  They are usually caused by the hardware not responding to the software's instructions correctly.  Most of the time, that bad interaction is related to memory usage.

What are your current computer's specs and how big is the file?  I used to get similar errors in 2004 if the project I was working on was unusually big.  They went away when I got a new computer.  Odds are it's actually a system issue, not a software issue. You may need to consider upgrading your computer.

Message 3 of 6
TheEdster75
in reply to: jking

Definitley not that... The file is only 1,360KB, and at work we run Intel Xeon X540 @ 3.00Ghz with 3gb of Ram...

Message 4 of 6
jking

What are the specs on your graphics card?

You said a Xeon X540?  Are you sure that's the correct processor model?  I can't find any specifications for that model...  Did you mean a Xeon 5000 series processor?

Message 5 of 6
TheEdster75
in reply to: jking

Yeah, I just found out from the employee that got the original file that it was corrupted, she just forgot to tell me.. lol!! Problem solved... 🙂

Message 6 of 6
jking

Good Smiley Happy glad it was something simple.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost