AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exporting DWG to FBX

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
3123 Views, 3 Replies

Exporting DWG to FBX

Hi,

II am new to AutoCAD Architecture 2011 and I want to export a DWG file to FBX. I downloaded a sample drawing from the Autodesk site and opened it in Architecture. I then tried to export it to FBX by clicking on Export from the application menu and then selecting the Other formats option.

Whenever I try to export the DWG file in this manner, I get an error message saying None of the Specified Objects can be exported, what do you want to do? I tried different DWG files but I always the same message.

It would be great if someone could help me in this regard.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Pengfei_Tian
in reply to: Anonymous

I see the same problem you encountered, I will report it and ask guys to look into it.

Thanks,

Pengfei

AutoCAD Architecture Team

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Looking forward to further updates regarding this.

Message 4 of 4
robincapperw

Seems AutoCAD Architecture can not do a direct export to FBX (no idea why). If you try export a view to fbx it seems to do something (created an empty fbx file in the destination and showed continuous processor use by ACAD.exe) but I gave up after leaving running overnight.

If you have the Design Suite (or other access to 3D Max) link the AutoCAD Architecture view into a Max scene (choose the AutoCAD Architecture option for the import template) and export from Max. The same view took about 5 minutes to create a 200mb fbx (AutoCAD version of the same info is about the same size)

Robin
Autodesk AEC Collection 2020 - PC: HP Z6 | Win 10 64 | Xeon 3014 | 64 GB ram | Quadro P5000 - Tablet: Surface 3 Pro i5-4300u | Win 10 Ent 1703 64 | 8GB ram - Phone: Samsung S21 Ultra | Android 11
RobiNZ CAD Blog | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost