AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when printing to PDF

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
nordlans
267 Views, 0 Replies

Error when printing to PDF

Hej

I just bought a new Mac Book pro (with Snow Leopard) and am now in the process of transferring all programs from my old MAC and get them working. Project of the day was AUTOCAD:

I have the student version of autocad architecture for MAC 2011. The program itself was no problem transfering from one computer to another. Though, I am having problems with plotting to PDF:s. I currently have no physical printer connected to my computer. As main printer I have chosen (In the system settings) a default PDF 8.0 writer, the only one that popped up in the list to choose from.

When I try to plot, either straight from the screen or from a layout, I get the following error message:

"There was an error saving the file /Users/sannanordlander/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/roaming/AutoCAD 2011/R18.1/enu/plotters//Adobe_PDF_8_0_1(temp).PCM"

...then the program is blocked and I have to force quit it.

I have both Adobe reader and Adobe Acrobat pro (CS5) installed... 

I have tried to re-install CAD and restart the computer, but this does not change things.

I have had problems before with printing to PDF:s, strangely enough I have only managed to plot in the formats A4 and A2... I have always just plotted to PDF and then put my files on a USB to print on computers connected to physical printers. But now with the new computer this does not work anymore....

I would be very very thankful for any advice.

Greetings

Sanna Nordlander 

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost