AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing property setys from external objects - Removal of file lock

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
peter.menken
254 Views, 1 Reply

Editing property setys from external objects - Removal of file lock

Hi,

I've got a problem following playing around (Typical, isn't it?). Architecture 2011 allows editing property sets from external objects through the host drawing (i.e. change a room number of a property set attached to a space xref'ed in from another construct). This obviously has to put an editing lock onto the xref to prevent data loss in case somebody else works on the xref in the meantime. This editing lock is removed when I close my host drawing. However, the lock is immediately restored when I re-open the host drawing.

How can I release the xref file lock again after editing the property sets in my host drawing?

Cheers,

Peter

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

This appears to be a result of Xref Overlay one construct into another construct. When tagging in this scenario two things appear to occur.

Firstly, when a tag (e.g.: "RoomNumber") is used it is designed to only insert the RoomObjectsCalc property set however the RoomObjects property set is also needed.

Secondly, when you xref one construct into another construct the project system tells the tag to look into the xrefs and find a constuct to apply an override to the construct with the updated tag value. However, currenty it appears that the search for a construct starts at the current drawing instead of the xref(s).

To resolve this issue:

Use the PropertyDataExt command to edit the Override to the current drawing and add the RoomObjects property set.

Holger Klöcker

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost