AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing saving with different units

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
TherealJD
308 Views, 3 Replies

Drawing saving with different units

Recieved a drawing that was originally in imperial. Used AECDWGSETUP to change the units to metric. Everything seems to be okay, but one user opens the drawing to edit it, and the drawing is getting changed back to imperial automatically. Not sure what I should be looking at to stop this from happening. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jd...

ACA 2011

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: TherealJD

INSERT the problem file into your 'metric' template file and use this newer file instead is one option.
Message 3 of 4
TherealJD
in reply to: pendean

Dean,

Thanks for the idea. I'm only having one user that's having this issue, so i'm thinking it's a setting or something in their ACA setup. I have a few dozen drawings that are behaving that way. They seem to have a couple other odd issues going on, so i've requested they reinstall ACA. If the problem persists, i'll try the insert option and see what happens.

Thanks,

Jd...

Message 4 of 4
tedwardspg
in reply to: TherealJD

how advaced is the user? do they have a routine in their startup suite that is changing the units to imperial?

ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 4GB

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost