AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Lines on Same Angle

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
mdesposito2
1470 Views, 3 Replies

Drawing Lines on Same Angle

Hello All,

I am having trouble with lines, and angles. I do not know the exact angle of the lines that are already existing on a previous CAD drawing, but I need to draw new lines, on the same angle as the existing ones. Here is my situation: I have the lines of a building sitting on a site-plan, I need to draw a parking lot that is at the same angle as the building on the site-plan but of course the lines only draw straight as a default. I cant seem to get them at the correct angle, and length. I attached a snip, of the drawing im working on, you can see hte building lines and how they are at an angle, I need to draw a parking lot parallel to the building and at the correct length. How do i do this!? 😞 Please help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
David_W_Koch
in reply to: mdesposito2

Create a UCS using the Object option and select one of the lines. The UCS origin and orientation will be based on the selected line, and the endpoint closest to your selection point. If you need to come back to this repeatedly, once you create the UCS, you can give it a name to make it easier to restore later.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

You can also set the SNAPANG by invoking that on the command line, then select two end points of a line you want to align with. Then by drawing with SNAP on, they will align parallel and perpendicular.
Message 4 of 4
Oilymo

Use the AEC Construction line , it's perfect for this.  Not _Xline but _AecConstructionLine.

I use it all the time for exactly what you are trying to achieve i.e. parking spaces parallel to the existing building.  The AEC Construction line also allows you to offset the line a certain distance from the origin i.e. 4800 x 2400mm (UK parking spaces) so this should help you measure the distances.

Hope this helps

Ben

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost