AutoCAD Architecture General Discussion

tim.clinefelter
Message 1 of 4 (235 Views)
Accepted Solution

Dragging and Dropping Between Two Open Drawings

235 Views, 3 Replies
09-26-2012 12:22 PM

I cannot get this feature of 2013 to work for me.  When I grab a selected item and drag it to the new drawing window, I get at round circle with a line through it or sometimes I get a command that says invalid.  It did work once but never again.  This should be simple but I must be doing something wrong.

*Expert Elite*
leothebuilder
Message 2 of 4 (225 Views)

Re: Dragging and Dropping Between Two Open Drawings

09-26-2012 03:37 PM in reply to: tim.clinefelter

What are you trying to drag and drop between open drawings.

Autocad Architecture objects such as walls, windows etc. can be dragged and dropped.

Blocks can also be dragged and dropped. Named Views can be dragged and dropped.

Plain autocad stuff such as lines and circles can't do and you get the cirle with the line warning.

*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 3 of 4 (215 Views)

09-27-2012 05:04 AM in reply to: leothebuilder

.... in which case copy/paste is an option to use instead.

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
tim.clinefelter
Message 4 of 4 (208 Views)

09-27-2012 07:31 AM in reply to: tim.clinefelter

Thank you for your reply.  I was trying to drag and drop a whole floor plan and it would not go from the original document to a new drawing screen.  After a short time, I rebooted my whole system and it has been working fine ever since.  Some sort of computer glitch I guess.  Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my post and attempt to help me with this matter. 

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community