AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downloadable Layer States?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kahwol11
1116 Views, 1 Reply

Downloadable Layer States?

I was wondering of there was a standard architectural layer set out there somewhere that I could download as a basis, instead of creating all my new layer names, linetypes, linweights, etc from scratch. ?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
doug
in reply to: kahwol11

The default drawing templates in AutoCAD Architecture have a Layer Key Style named AIA (256 Color) that is used when you place walls, doors, tags, etc.  The Layer Key Style contains the layer name, color, linetype, lineweight, plotstyle, plot/no plot settings.  I would suggest using this Layer Key Style to start with.

You can access the Layer Key Styles from the Home tab, then picking the arrow to expand the Layers panel, and selecting Layer Key Styles.  By picking the AIA (256 Color) Layer Key Style, you can see all of the layers that are specified in the style and change desired information.

You can make a copy of the AIA layer key and change it instead of changing the OOTB version.  You can specify what Layer Key Style gets used by going to the Home tab, then picking the arrow to expand the Layers panel, and picking Select Layer Standard.  Changes should be made to your template files so that you always get what you desire.

Note that the layers in the Layer Key Style are not used if you do not place objects that use those layers.

The subject is more complex than just what I mentioned, but that is the basics to answering your question.

I hope that helped.

Douglas Bowers, AIA, LEED AP
Revit Architecture 2016 Certified Professional
Revit Structure 2016 Certified Professional
Revit MEP 2016 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2016 Certified Professional
www.dougbowersconsulting.com
blog: http://aectechtalk.wordpress.com

Please use Mark Solutions > Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost