AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Door Schedule Doorobject:number

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
chughes
1496 Views, 4 Replies

Door Schedule Doorobject:number

Using OOTB tools, I am trying to get my door tags to use the DoorObject:Number property.  It *seems* to be set up like it would pull the correct property information, but it is not.

Please see the attached images.  I have exploded the door tag used down to the block level, and it shows that it should reference the DoorObject:Number property.  If I double-click the attribute itself, it pulls up the attribute definition dialogue with the default 001 number inserted.

Any insight from anyone?

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: chughes

Was the Number property originally set to 001?  Did you regenerate the drawing after changing the value to 101?  Are you certain the Door Tag is anchored to the Door whose properties are being shown?

It would be easier to diagnose with an actual sample file that shows the issue you are having.  If you can post such a sample file as an attachment to a reply here, please also note what version of ACA you are using.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 5
chughes
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Sample file attached. Autocad Architecture 2014.

To create the issue, I draw the wall, insert the door, give the door DoorOjbect properties, renumber the door with the Renumber Data Tool, and tag the door with the OOTB Door Tag.

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: chughes

Thanks for the sample file.  Unfortunately, in the sample file, everything appears to be working as expected.  The Door's Schedule Tag diplays "101", which is the value entered into the DoorObjects:Number property for the Door to which the tag is anchored.

In your original file, could the Schedule Tag somehow been placed without being anchored to the Door?  Or could it have been exploded?  I cannot tell from the originally posted images whether the object that looks like a Door tag is a Schedule Tag or a Block Reference.  I have attached an image of what I see when I open your file.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 5
chughes
in reply to: David_W_Koch

David-

Sorry for the slow response, just picking this project back up.

It looks like ACA glitched on me.  I opened the test file today and it was working just as it should?!  I opened the original file that was giving me problems and all is working there as it should, as well.  I have no clue as to what caused the issue, but a reboot sometime in the past couple of weeks looks to have fixed it.

Thanks for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost