AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Division ID Project Property Parameter showing as "NA" in door style

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
217 Views, 2 Replies

Division ID Project Property Parameter showing as "NA" in door style

Hello,

I'm completely new to Autocad Architecture but trying to evaluate it for use in our modular building manufacturing firm.

I have been succesfully able (after reading through the Users Manual) to create a new door style and a new property set definition applied to that door style. I was able to insert the new door style in a drawing and the Extended Data tab on the Properties pallet on the right side of the screen showed all the propwer data, except for one field.

I used two parameters from the Project Properies Definitions in my "custom" property set but only one of them (Number) seems to be working as expected to contain my Project ID Number within my door style.  The Division ID parameter, however, does not contain anything within my door style except "NA", even though I placed a value in the Division ID field in the Project Navigator Tool Pallet. 

"NA" is what shows up in the field on the Extended Data portion of the Properties pallet for the selected door instance.

I have searched through the Users Manual and this forum but have been unable to find anything that might explain this.  Any insight from the community would be greatly appreciated.

As an aside, I found writting this post to be very time consuming because I had to keep refering back to the various ACA screens and pallets to be sure of using the correct names for everything to avoid confusion.  Hopefully I have succeeded!

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
David_W_Koch
in reply to: Anonymous

Is the drawing file in which you have created the Door part of an ACA "project" (set up using Project Browser, with the file created in Project Navigator)?

If not, none of the project-based properties should work.

If so, is the file in which the Door has been placed part of a Construct file?  If not, then the file is likely not associated with a specific Division, which would explain the "NA" result.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: David_W_Koch

Thank you for your quick response.

I did place the doors into a drawing that was part of a project (though more by accident than by plan) so that's likely why the Number parameter is working properly in my door style.

That leaves possibility #2 as the culprit and that makes sense because I have not set up any Constructs.  I did not know that was required.  Now i do and i will precede to "get educated" about Constructs ASAP.

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost