AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Dismay

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
FitzUS
723 Views, 1 Reply

Display Dismay

I am finding it challenging to use Autodesks "help" files to understand how to control display sets, display configurations, display representations, display themes.....

The help info is just full of steps and no rationale to why things are set up.

Can anyone point to a post, resource, book that helps one grasp how to use these.

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
David_W_Koch
in reply to: FitzUS

I have attached the ancient Brain Dump texts, which may be of interest.  In particular, 3-The_ADT_Display_System.rtf, authored by James Awe, may help explain things a bit.  While old, the basics of the display system have not changed greatly over the years (a vastly better interface for editing was added, and additional properties have crept in).

Some time back I started a series on the display system in my blog.  I really should go back through them to see if I ever finished that series, but you can read what is there starting with this article:

http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2008/01/acd-display-system-part-1-autocad.html

Each article should have a link to the next one in the series at the end of the article.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost