AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing layers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
langerhans
343 Views, 4 Replies

Disappearing layers

Working on a drawing with about 30 layers in Architecture 2014.

I turned all of them off for a minute, intending to turn just one back on to work on it. Now they won't come back. I selected all and turned the "lightbulb" on. I was able to get one layer to show up but the rest won't turn on. Nothing is locked or frozen. I have closed and reopened the drawing, changed the view style, restarted the computer, even opened it in Autocad on a Mac. Nothing worked. 

How can I get these layers to be visible again?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Swagnificent
in reply to: langerhans

Have you tried "LAYERP", then REGENALL?

Message 3 of 5
dbroad

Might you have isolated/hidden vs turned layers off?  If so, there would be a red lightbulb on the status line.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 5
langerhans
in reply to: dbroad

Thanks all for the suggestions. Same as before. I also tried to copy all and paste in a new drawing; didn't work. Any ideas on how I can save this drawing?
Message 5 of 5
dbroad

If recover won't fix it, go to the backup.  Whatever you do, don't save it in a corrupted state or you will lose your backup.  Copy/paste will only work if there is something to copy.  If your backup is already gone, start from scratch.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost