AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappearing Xrefs

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
1611 Views, 9 Replies

Disappearing Xrefs

We have this weird situation in our office.

If we have both the Xref and the File that it is referenced into open on one of the computers here and we reload, the Xref disappears.  If we do an undo and close the Xref it reloads without problem.  It happened before and I cannot figure out what is wrong.

I tried to replace the user profile from another PC that doesn’t have the problem, but it didn’t help. Is there a Registry setting that cause this behavior?  All stations set to “Enabled with copy”

AutoCAD 2012 Arch.

Any ideas?

Thank you,

G.S.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Addendum:

The Xref has to be open.  If there is no change it reloads okay.  If we make any changes to he file (only on this particular PC) or even just save the Xref it disappers on reload.  If you make changes to the Xref, save it and close it and reload after ; All is well.

G.S.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous

Again, only on the affected PC there is no Preview Image.  We have it on all the other stations.  Preview Image that is.

I tried to audit, re-create the files, but nothing works only on that stations :-((

We have to close the Xref before reloading only on that trouble PC.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous

This is fun to keep talking to myself :-))

On that particular station, when the user is NOT in the file there is a Preview Image.  If he is in it, there is NO preview from that PC, but every one can see the preview on the other stations. 

What gives?

Message 5 of 10
pendean

create a new profile user profile for that one person.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for answering.

Yes I tried that.  It seems like this is a Registry or or similar based setting or a bug.  It only affects this PC.  Even if I go back the default profile (the one R_2012 came with) the result is the same.  Before I forget, all the computers have the SP1 patch applied.

Thanks,

G.S.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous

Would anyone have any idea? Please???

Thanks,

G.S.

Message 8 of 10
MarySeufert

When all else fails, go for a complete unistall/reinstall. Here is the KB article for a complete removal of Autodesk products. ~ Mary

EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: MarySeufert

Thank you Mary,

Unfortunately, MIS doesn't know much about AutoCAD, but w/ these new Windows 7 boxes don't let us do anything.  Nevertheless, it would be good to know what gives in this situation. I hear thsi problem w/ PDFs, but even there I don't think anyone knows the reasons.

G.S.

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Opps,

That was another (a plotting) problem I didn't get an answer.  I am sure both the Xref and Wipe out problems have solutions, except we do not know what they are.

G.S.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost