AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimstyle Problems?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Jason_S
447 Views, 9 Replies

Dimstyle Problems?

I have a couple projects that the Dimstyle changes the Text Movement from Move text, no leader to Move text, add leader. I can't figure out why this changes and was hoping someone here could help out.

We place a bunch of dimensions and some we move out from between the witness lines and draw an arc to the dimension text. Save and close the drawing and when we open it the dimensions we move and drew an arc to now have the leader and the drawn arc.

We highlight all instances and go to the properties palette and change the setting and all looks good while in the file. Close and reopen they go back. What is up? Getting old fast.

Looked at the DimStyle all looks good. Changed the Dimstyle to an OOTB dimstyle and it still happens.

Confused and frustrated.

Thanks for the help
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ToanDN
in reply to: Jason_S

see attached
Message 3 of 10
Jason_S

TeamSquid,

I can't seem to open or dowload the file.

Thanks
Message 4 of 10
ToanDN

Dimstyle -> Modify -> Fit tab -> Text Placement: Over dimension line, without leader.
Message 5 of 10
Jason_S

OH...That is what I have been changing but is doesn't stay that way. I exit the drawing and come back in and it changes back to Dimension line with leader. I was wondering if there is a system variable that will lock this. Doesn't matter what Dimstyle either.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous

DIMTMOVE sysvar?

wrote in message news:6069905@discussion.autodesk.com...
OH...That is what I have been changing but is doesn't stay that way. I exit
the drawing and come back in and it changes back to Dimension line with
leader. I was wondering if there is a system variable that will lock this.
Doesn't matter what Dimstyle either.
Message 7 of 10
Jason_S

Well I have that set to 2 for the DIMTMOVE. Nothing.

Thanks
Message 8 of 10
David_W_Koch

Do you have any customizations (Startup Suite in the APPLOAD dialog, ACADDOC.lsp file, some other method) that run every time you open a file, that attempt to enforce a standard? Could that customization be defining an office-standard Dimension Style, that happens to have the same name as the one you use, but that has "leaders on" for moved text?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 9 of 10
Jason_S

David,

I looked all through the acad2008doc.lsp and compared it to the one on my computer and they are the same. This only seems to happen on a couple computers.

Thanks
Message 10 of 10
A3Collaborative

Was there ever a fix for this problem?

We're having the exact same problem in Architecture 2010.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost