AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail Component Manager does not work alongside Microsoft Office 2013 Pro

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
gamaris
1018 Views, 17 Replies

Detail Component Manager does not work alongside Microsoft Office 2013 Pro

The Detail Component Manager does not work alongside Microsoft Office 2013 Professional. New computers are only being shipped with the new 2013 version of office. Downgrading office to 2010 is not an option with OEM. THe problem seems to be the engine driving the database file. Does anyone have a workaround?

Thanks, Gustavo

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Pengfei_Tian
in reply to: gamaris

Hello,

Can you share the error dialog or anything specific behaviors of this problem?

And product version is also helpful.

I doubt it is related to .net framework as detail manager relies on a proper .net framework.

You can uninstall or install some .net framework to try it?

Thanks,

Pengfei

AutoCAD Architecture

Quality Assurance Engineer

Message 3 of 18
gamaris
in reply to: Pengfei_Tian

Pengfei,

The splash error reads:

"Cannot open database C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2013\enu\Details\Details (US)\AecDtlComponents (US).mdb"

And it appears when selecting the Detail Component Manager from the Ribbon.

The product:

AutoCAD Architecture - Autodesk Building Design Suite

Product version G.55.0.0

Autodesk Building Design Suite Premium 2013

The O.S. is: Windows 7 Professional 64 - SP1

Also installed:

.NET Framework 4 Client Profile

.NET Framework 4 Extended

SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition

Do you know which .NET version and SQL is required for the Detail Component Manager?

Thanks for your response.

Message 4 of 18
Pengfei_Tian

Hello,

We just tried that Office 2013 is compatible with ACA 2013,  so the problem may be related to .net framework.

Would you please check uninstall your .net framework 4.0 first? then reinstall it from microsoft.com or ACA disk installation path: ACA\SWL\3rdParty\NET\4\wcu\dotNetFramework

Hope it help.

Thanks,

Pengfei

AutoCAD Architecture

Message 5 of 18
Matthew_Sulhoff

I am having the same problem.  I uninstalled both .NET applications in the Control Panel, rebooted, downloaded the .NET from Microsoft, installed, no joy...

I am running Office 2010, not 2013.

Please help....

Message 6 of 18
gamaris

Hello Pengfei,

Removing then reinstalling .net framework 4.0 from ACA installation disk DID NOT resolve issue. Please advise

Have you looked into what engine opens the MDB file? Is the SQL engine version important at all?

Thanks

Gustavo

Message 7 of 18
Pengfei_Tian

SQL should not impact detail component management.

I guess you have already checked the mdb files where C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2013\enu\Details by default.

Did you ever install ACA 2014 Beta? if this is the case, reinstalling ACA may be necessary.

Anyway, Reinstalling ACA 2013 may be the last effective solution.

If reinstalling still cannot resolve, you may contact product support for additional help.

Thanks,

Pengfei

AutoCAD Architecture

Message 8 of 18
gamaris

Pengfei,

I already went thru removing ACA 2013 then reinstalling it and that did not resolve the issue. I open a case with Autodesk Technical Support before I posted to the Autodesk Forum, unfortunately they have not been able to help either. This issue is affecting 4 new workstations and so far nothing else is failing to work including 3 different versions of Revit. What is interesting is that I could successfully open the MDB file from other Workstations on the network.

It seems to me that you are no longer incline to help with this issue therefore thank you very much for trying.

Best regards,

Gustavo

Message 9 of 18
Matthew_Sulhoff

I, also, performed a full uninstall/reinstall with no better luck. Please help to find a solution...

Message 10 of 18
Pengfei_Tian

I am sorry my previous suggestions cannot work.

Would you please try the link Microsoft Jet 4.0?which is our base of detail component manager.
 http://download.microsoft.com/download/3/2/8/328869f9-2e34-4e1c-8f0a-23b32b836ac6/jet40repl.exe

Thanks,

Pengfei

Message 11 of 18
gamaris

Pengfei,

Link to microsoft Jet 4.0 does not work. It returns the following:

This program might not have installed correctly

If this program didn't install correctly, try reinstalling using settings that are compatible with this version of Windows.

a search thru Microsoft knowledge base indicates that Jet 4.0 is not built for 64 bit systems.

Sorry but I am back to no solution.

Please let me know if you have any other suggestions.

Thanks,

Message 12 of 18
Matthew_Sulhoff

Still no luck.  I ran the update, it quickly flashed that it was install/extracting something, then nothing.

Still can't access my details dbase.

Message 13 of 18
klompje

Maybe trey to load AecDtl.arx in the startup suite (contents) see attachment

Message 14 of 18
Matthew_Sulhoff
in reply to: klompje

Still no joy... This is not fun.... I miss my details...
Message 15 of 18
gamaris

After trying all suggestions by Autodesk without success we decided to do some testing on our own. It turns out that there is no incompatibility between Microsoft Office 2013 Professional and the Detail Component Manager, instead it was the order of install. We have 2 different versions of the AutoCAD Architecture (2012 & 2013) and by innocent mistake (junior IT member) we were installing 2013 first then 2012. Once we spotted this out we redid the master image for the new stations with the correct order of installs (old first then newer) and problem solved. So far the new images have been properly working or two weeks now.

Bottom line if you think that your problem may be related to the order of installs, try removing the software and reinstalling it in the correct order.

Gustavo

Message 16 of 18
Pengfei_Tian

We are so glad that this problem has been resolved, your solution is very helpful to us and other people who may encounter similar issue.

Thanks and Best Regards,

Pengfei Tian

AutoCAD Architecture

Message 17 of 18
Pengfei_Tian

Hello,

Yes, install ACA 2014 or 2013 first, then install ACA 2012, which will cause some problems.

For above issue, Now we also offer a reg file to restore the broken reg values by ACA 2012.

See attached zip file.

But we stil strongly suggest to install ACA with correct order.

Best Regards,

Pengfei

AutoCAD Architecture

Message 18 of 18
JerlMay

Well, I just experienced this problem with one of my users with both his Building Design Suite 2013 and 2014 at the same time.  They were installed in the correct order, in fact 2013 was installed last year and 2014 was just installed 2 weeks ago.  The detail component manager is broken on both of them.  I had to leave 2013 installed because they need to finish their current projects with 2013 and start all new projects with 2014 (a request from the project managers).  I renamed his existing details folder in ProgramData to "old" and replaced it with another users to see if it was simply corrupted, but that didn't work.  I removed 2013 from my PC and my 2014 works just fine (I am IT and CAD manager, not production).  Is there some incompatibility between these 2013 and 2014?  I was just about to remove his .NET and reinstall it, but based on this forum, it looks like that has been tried to no avail.  Any suggestions would be great! 

thanks,

J.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost