AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail Component Database Will Not Open

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
vef47
568 Views, 5 Replies

Detail Component Database Will Not Open

We are using Autodesk Architecture 2013 running on 64bit Windows 7 workstations. When I try to access the Detail Component Database I get an error message stating the AecDtlComponents (US).mdb will not open. I went into Tools-->Options-->AEC Content and tried to Add/Remove a database but the list was empty. When I try to Add a database I get the same error message AecDtlComponents (US).mdb will not open. Can Autodesk help me resolve this problem......?? Regards, Vince
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
smanl1sc
in reply to: vef47

I am getting the exact same error for the aecdtlcomponents (UK).mdb

Has anyone got a solution yet?

We have repaired ACAD install, removed DotNet and re-installed, which seems pointless, as DotNet 3.5 is embedded into Windows 7 64 bit.

I have also installed DotNet 4 and then DotNet 4.5 both for 64 bit and getting no joy

This is happenning on both ACAD 2012 & 2013.

Have been advised to re-install ACAD, but not sure if this is going to work as the Laptop in question is 1 of 36 to build and they are all new and it is still happenning.

This problem seems to be feeding into a lot of forums. Come on AutoDesk, please sort it out!

Message 3 of 6
dbroad
in reply to: vef47

We've had a lot of those problems.  I have found that using the start menu(windows) to navigate to the "Reset settings to default", in the product restores the functionality.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 4 of 6
smanl1sc
in reply to: dbroad

I believe that we've tried this already. I will give it another go and see what happens, if anything...

Message 5 of 6
smanl1sc
in reply to: smanl1sc

Still not working chaps:

By the way, it doesn't work on a newly installed AutoDesk Architecture 2013 or 2014! Any ideas would be greatly accepted as this is like squeezing lemon juice into my eyes now.

Message 6 of 6
dbroad
in reply to: smanl1sc

Ouch.  Sounds painful.  Try contacting your vendor.  If you just upgraded or are on subscription, the help should be included.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost