AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail Component Database Cannot Open

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
2749 Views, 1 Reply

Detail Component Database Cannot Open

When I try to open my detail component manager, I get the following message: Cannot open database C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\ACA 2010\enu\Details\Details US\AecDtlComponents (US).mdb.  The actual .mdb file is in that location but it wont load it.  I also tried to add it under options\aec content, but it would not allow this either.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I had a similar problem a while back when accessing legacy files created using older versions of ACA.

This is the assistance which I received:

====================================================================

The Solution with thanks from Sam Chan - Autodesk via ACA Discussion Group

Hi Bill,

Please try the following things and let me know what you find:

1. Get the old mdb files (the one you used before the upgrade)

2. Copy them into other location

3. Add them/register them using Options dialog

====================================================================

This worked for me ... some of my observations following that ...

Note the following:

Previously I was getting a message at the command line "AEcDtlCompManager There are no Detail Component databases specified. Please set databases at the Aec Content tab in the Options dialog".

In fact I had registered a data base. I needed to copy the full directory - not just the mdb file. When I tried it the 1st time after copying just the mdb file it came up with an error - it was looking for an xml file. I needed to unload the previous database before registering the old one as I was getting a message " a database with the same GUID ***** already exists".

Just to test it again - I reversed the procedure & went back to the old mdb file - and the old situation re-occurred.

We use a shared directory on our server for coordinating our DCM. I have created an "old database" directory adjacent to the new one so in future (when / if this happens) I can instruct the user to use this one instead.

I anticipate that this will only be when using old legacy projects.

===================================================================

I hope this helps With thanks to Sam Chan

Bill Tapp

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost