AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed mouse in drafting space

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
ridenho
647 Views, 6 Replies

Delayed mouse in drafting space

Just started using 2012 and noticed a delay in the mouse in the drafting space only. When I hover over the icons, the speed is normal, it only occurs in paper or model space. Any suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: ridenho

Is your Layer Palette open (even if minimized)?

Message 3 of 7
ridenho
in reply to: pendean

Off or on, makes no difference.

Message 4 of 7
robincapperw
in reply to: ridenho

Check if Status Bar "Allow/Disallow Dynamic UCS (F6)" is enabled. Have found with ACA objects it will search for faces within objects

Robin
Autodesk AEC Collection 2020 - PC: HP Z6 | Win 10 64 | Xeon 3014 | 64 GB ram | Quadro P5000 - Tablet: Surface 3 Pro i5-4300u | Win 10 Ent 1703 64 | 8GB ram - Phone: Samsung S21 Ultra | Android 11
RobiNZ CAD Blog | LinkedIn
Message 5 of 7
ridenho
in reply to: robincapperw

I found the major culprit. I had to turn off Aero Themes in Windows 7. This fixed the mouse/cursor delay, but there is still slowdown compared to 2011.

Message 6 of 7
vi2144
in reply to: robincapperw

My AutoCad 2018 for Mac is having a major mouse delay in drafting space. I need object snaps on to trace over a PDF in background. I've removed and reinstalled AutoCad 2018, restarted my computer a number of times, restarted/ reset setting on the Mac about mouse controls. Dynamic UCS is off. Nothing is working. 

Do you have any recommendations for what else might be causing this?

Thank you so much!

Message 7 of 7
pendean
in reply to: vi2144

Wrong forum and about 6-years too late for this post... .

The MAC forum is way over there, remember to tell them your iOS version too https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac-forum/bd-p/520

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost