AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default True Type handling in PDF print drivers

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
seanemd
1977 Views, 3 Replies

Default True Type handling in PDF print drivers

By default, the PDF print drivers we use (Bluebeam, PDF 995) set True Type text handling to be "as graphics" rather than "as text" (see below), which makes for some ugly text.  I know I can make this change and save as a .PC3 file, but all our page setups for sheets & templates in the office all reference these default drivers, so it would be preferable to change the way the default driver works if possible.  Is the default plotter configuration editable?  Thanks.

dialogue.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: seanemd

>>>...we use (Bluebeam, PDF 995)...<<<
Ask Bluebeam and PDF995 support, if their documentation does not offer any help:

http://www.bluebeam.com/us/support/

http://www.pdf995.com/faq.html

Message 3 of 4
seanemd

Thanks for the reply Dean.  I contacted PDF995 and they have been trying to resolve things, but it seems like this is something that Acad is pushing to the drivers.  Neither PDF printer has a native setting in default preferences similar to what comes up when printing through Autocad.  It's only in the Autocad printing dialog that I get a "True Type Text <As Graphics>" radio button option (and tesselated text-as-graphics output).  

When I hover over the plotter name in the Plot Dialog, the pop-up reads, "PDF 995 Printer Driver - Windows System Driver - By Autocad".  I guess my questoin is, does Acad maintain a default driver for system printers, similar to a .pc3 file, that is editable?

Thanks,

Sean

Message 4 of 4
pendean

I would not get excited by the reported listing "by Autodesk", it's nothing you can edit.

>>>... Neither PDF printer has a native setting in default preferences ...<<<

That's your problem most likely.

AutoCAD since ADT2007 (or was it ACA2008) have had PDF drivers built-in, and you've been able to control font output since I want to say ACA2010: what's your AutoCAD version that you don't wish to use it?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost