AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Date and Time stamp

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
jgodown
24725 Views, 10 Replies

Date and Time stamp

Anyone know how to put on the prints, an automaticially updating date and time stamp?  I have 2012 installed on my computer,  I have used the field command, but it does not automatically update the date and time, when you print, edit, or modify the drawing.  I do know that if you publish, your drawings, you can put the date and time stamp on it, but If you print a layout tab one at a time useing the plot command, you do not have the option to print the date and time stamp?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
David_W_Koch
in reply to: jgodown

Check your settings.  In 2010, these are found in the Options dialog, User Preferences tab, Fields area in lower left, Field Update Settings button.  Click that button, and, in the Field Update Settings dialog, you can toggle whether fields update for a number of events:  Open, Save, Plot, eTransmit and Regen.  (Location and options may vary in 2012.)

I would hope that if you have Plot checked, that the field values would update when you plot.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 11
jgodown
in reply to: David_W_Koch

I could not get anything to update,  you insert a field and it becomes mtext, went thru the options, everything looks good there also,  but I did see the when I plot there is a spot to add time date stamp, so I'm just using that.  Thank you

Message 4 of 11
krybuk

If this is just for prints to have a date stamp, the easiest thing is to turn the Plot Stamp on. In Plot- Plot Options on the right side - Plot Stamp - needs to be checked. Click on the stamp symbol to tweak the way the stamp looks. You can set it to display file name and path, date, time of plotting and user name...

Message 5 of 11
PENengr

I cannot find any of these options buttons etc.... where are they? 

We'd like t ohave time/date stamp work for us too.  Used to have one and trying to get back on again.... Greg

Message 6 of 11
jgodown
in reply to: PENengr

yeah, never could get a date and time stamp to work again, but when you plot you can check the box that says plot stamp on, and can also change the setting for the plot stamp,  it's a little different, but it works

Message 7 of 11
GaryRoddy1843

Here's a plot stamp block that we use.  It actually has an RTEXT data defined in it and I believe Express Tools must be loaded for this to work.  It's 100% automated and will show the current drawing, plot time and date, the user who plotted it and will show attached xrefs and paths.

Message 8 of 11
jgodown

Same one I use, in 2012 my express tools are loade, but I still cannot get mine to work,  not sure, even yours when I open it, does not work

Message 9 of 11
GaryRoddy1843

Sorry about that. I'm still using an older version of AutoCAD (2008).
Message 10 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: PENengr

when you type plot look at the lower right corner for the arrow it expands the box!

Message 11 of 11

Hey 

Devid 

I change in Field update setting setting Auto Cad 

but still I am not able to Print Updated Date and Time Stamp.

You can also E-mail me at sagarsanchaniya3@gmail.com

or Call  +91 99133 39354 or Whats-app. final.JPG

Tags (1)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost