AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Extraction function won't honor custom table style format

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Lawrence.Jorgensen
382 Views, 2 Replies

Data Extraction function won't honor custom table style format

I've created, and saved, a custom table style in my drawing, made it the current table style.  I then run the DATA EXTRACTION function and make the following choices:

1.  I choose "Edit an existing data extraction" (I use .dxe format)

2.  I then choose the same file to save as to ensure I save my latest formatting changes.

3.  For Data Source I choose "Select objects in the current drawing"

4.  On the "Table Style" screen I selection my custom table style and select "Use table in table style for label rows"

5.  I then finish and a generic unformatted table is created.

Is there some setting somewhere to direct the DATA EXTRACTION function to honor the custom settings from my table style?  I can insert my custom table style as a blank table and is exactly what I setup using the TABLE.  Really the only setting I'd like this routine to honor are the custom column widths as this is going to be a room schedule.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Lawrence

AutoCad Architecture 2014

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Hi Lawrence,

From what you've described, it sounds like you are taking the correct steps here.

How are you adjusting the column widths for the table?

Once you've adjusted them, do you then right-click on the table and select "Table Style > Set As Table in Current Table Style", to make sure the changes are current?

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
Message 3 of 3

Good suggestion.

I attempted to adjust the columns under the data extraction process originally, but there is no effect at all when I attempt that. I did successfully adjust the columns in the table style I'd like to use by CTRL-click and stretch for the desired column width then saved as you suggest to "Set As Table in Current Table Style".

Is it possible that Autodesk deleted this functionality from this routine, as I successfully, and easily used the old Attribute Extraction routine in version 2008.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost