AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Schedule Question

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
leothebuilder
393 Views, 2 Replies

Custom Schedule Question

I am trying to create custom a plumbing fixture schedule.

All goes as advertised..

Can I eliminate duplicate items from the schedule?

E.g. If I have 10 toilet fixtures and they are all the same with a tag mark WC-1 how can I have this appear in the schedule once in lieu of having it appear 10 times. Is there a way to accomplish this ?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

If your schedule table displays exactly identical data in each column for all 10 water closets, you can add a quantity column to your schedule table and those 10 lines will collapse into one line (with 10 noted in the quantity column).  If you do not want the schedule table to display the quantity, you can set that column to be hidden, and it will not show, but the lines will still collapse.

I used the phrase "exactly identical" because that is what is required.  If you were scheduling Walls by their lengths, for example, and had a number of not-quite-exactly-the-same-length Walls in the schedule table, even if the values appear to be the same due to rounding, the rows will not collapse.  There are ways around that, if you need them.

http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2007/06/rounded-values-and-quantity-column.html

Another possible gremlin is text case.  The evaluation is on the raw data, not the displayed data after the Property Data Format is applied.

http://architects-desktop.blogspot.com/2008/06/text-case-and-quantity-column.html

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 3

Thanks David, just the suggestion I was looking for..............

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost