AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Metal door style

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
553 Views, 2 Replies

Custom Metal door style

I am trying to customize a metal door frame, for masonry use. I need the frame to be 2" and I need the header to be 4". I noticed that this is not possible with editing and existing door. Hpw do I do this?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jmcintyre
in reply to: Anonymous

You can do this with a DWA (door window assembly). You can even define the profiles of each frame should you wish to.

Message 3 of 3
doug
in reply to: Anonymous

As was correctly mentioned, the DWA is the way that AutoCAD Architecture wants you to go.  To help you out, Autodesk has provided some doors like you describe with  2" frames and 4" heads.  You can find them in the Content Browser under "Design Tool Catalog" -> "Doors and Windows" -> "Door and Window Assemblies".  A couple of your options in there are "Hinged Double 4 Inch Head" and "Hinged Single 4 Inch Head".

(The Content Browser is the the master library of styles provided with AutoCAD Architecture.  It is accessible from the Home tab and the Build panel, and the Tools dropdown.  You can just drag styles directly from the Content Browser into your drawing.)

Those OOTB styles should get you started with what you desire.

I hope that helps you.

Douglas Bowers, AIA, LEED AP
Revit Architecture 2016 Certified Professional
Revit Structure 2016 Certified Professional
Revit MEP 2016 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2016 Certified Professional
www.dougbowersconsulting.com
blog: http://aectechtalk.wordpress.com

Please use Mark Solutions > Accept as Solution and Give Kudos as appropriate to further enhance these forums. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost