AutoCAD Architecture General

Distinguished Contributor
aumandg
Message 1 of 7 (133 Views)

Create Tools for Tool Palette

133 Views, 6 Replies
03-08-2009 06:48 PM
I need to add custome tools to a my palette. How do I do this?
*Expert Elite*
David_W._Koch
Message 2 of 7 (133 Views)

Re: Create Tools for Tool Palette

03-09-2009 07:01 AM in reply to: aumandg
What type of tools?
Just for your own use, or to be shared with others using the same local network?
David Koch
aumandg
Message 3 of 7 (133 Views)

03-09-2009 08:45 AM in reply to: aumandg

Both for my self and others. I have tried to drag a block from a drawing onto the palette, like the help indicates, but it will not let me.

*Expert Elite*
David_W._Koch
Message 4 of 7 (133 Views)

03-09-2009 09:11 AM in reply to: aumandg
Is there a lock or refresh icon at the bottom of the tool palette on which you are trying to create the tool?
David Koch
aumandg
Message 5 of 7 (133 Views)

03-09-2009 09:14 AM in reply to: aumandg
refresh button bottom right.
*Expert Elite*
David_W._Koch
Message 6 of 7 (133 Views)

03-09-2009 10:11 AM in reply to: aumandg
Then that tool palette is linked to a tool palette in a tool catalog and you can not add tools to it, directly. If you have write authority to the folder in which the tool catalog is kept, you should be able to right click on the tool palette and choose Properties... from the context menu. At the top of the Palette Properties dialog, there should be a Refresh from: toggle, with the catalog to which the tool palette is linked indicated.

If you uncheck this toggle and select OK to close the dialog, you will then be able to add tools to that palette. Once you are done adding tools, open Content Browser, open the tool catalog in which the tool palette is stored (open the catalog, if it is not already open in Content Browser and navigate to the location where the tool palette is stored within the catalog (if necessary). In AutoCAD Architeture, right click and drag the palette and drop it into the Content Browser (if Content Browser is not "on top", hover over the Content Browser button in the Task Bar until it pops up to the top). It should ask if you want to update the existing copy - say yes.

Back in AutoCAD Architecture, edit the palette's properties again, and recheck the Refresh from toggle. The palette should reload from the catalog, with your newly added tools.
David Koch
aumandg
Message 7 of 7 (133 Views)

03-09-2009 12:34 PM in reply to: aumandg

That was it thank you.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community