AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Tools for Tool Palette

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
aumandg
277 Views, 6 Replies

Create Tools for Tool Palette

I need to add custome tools to a my palette. How do I do this?
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
David_W_Koch
in reply to: aumandg

What type of tools?
Just for your own use, or to be shared with others using the same local network?

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 3 of 7
aumandg

Both for my self and others. I have tried to drag a block from a drawing onto the palette, like the help indicates, but it will not let me.

Message 4 of 7
David_W_Koch

Is there a lock or refresh icon at the bottom of the tool palette on which you are trying to create the tool?

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 7
aumandg

refresh button bottom right.
Message 6 of 7
David_W_Koch

Then that tool palette is linked to a tool palette in a tool catalog and you can not add tools to it, directly. If you have write authority to the folder in which the tool catalog is kept, you should be able to right click on the tool palette and choose Properties... from the context menu. At the top of the Palette Properties dialog, there should be a Refresh from: toggle, with the catalog to which the tool palette is linked indicated.

If you uncheck this toggle and select OK to close the dialog, you will then be able to add tools to that palette. Once you are done adding tools, open Content Browser, open the tool catalog in which the tool palette is stored (open the catalog, if it is not already open in Content Browser and navigate to the location where the tool palette is stored within the catalog (if necessary). In AutoCAD Architeture, right click and drag the palette and drop it into the Content Browser (if Content Browser is not "on top", hover over the Content Browser button in the Task Bar until it pops up to the top). It should ask if you want to update the existing copy - say yes.

Back in AutoCAD Architecture, edit the palette's properties again, and recheck the Refresh from toggle. The palette should reload from the catalog, with your newly added tools.

David Koch
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 7 of 7
aumandg

That was it thank you.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost