AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy & Paste not working in 2014

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
ParadigmAE
59905 Views, 28 Replies

Copy & Paste not working in 2014

Good Morning!!

I'm having a HUGE problem with Arch 2014, coping and pasting blocks, lines &/or text from one drawing to another. I can copy/paste within a drawing. But from one drawing to another, nope. Does anyone have any idea's how to fix this?

Thank you!! 

I'd like to add that sometimes when using Tool Palettes those blocks won't paste either. You can pull the block out, see it on the end of your cursor but when you paste it, it disappears....gone.

I'm wondering if this is a insert issue?

28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Just needed to purge all and that was enough for my issue to go away - many thanks
Message 22 of 29
jaleel73

thanks a lot... it is really working
Message 23 of 29
Anonymous

I had this problem for over a year and finally found a fix:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCAD...

The easiest way to resolve this is to purge the drawing with AutoCad2015 or later.

Make sure to check the box that says "Automatically purge orphaned data."

It is caused by Orphan DNG linetype data which spreads from file to file when you copy objects from one drawing to another.

You might see that your file has hundreds of extraneous linetypes.

It is much more complicated purge this dng data with earlier versions or stadard purge tools.

If you don't have 2015 or later, download a trial version and purge all the infected files.

This worked for me, I hope it works for you!

-Grant

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

@pendean Do you have any documentation from Autodesk (such as on the knowledge base) that suggests these issues are due to saving down to earlier versions of AutoCAD? Our firm has these errors from time to time but it's standard practice for us to save down by default. If there's anything from Autodesk to suggest it will help to stop saving down, I'd like to bring it to the attention of my coworkers. I've searched online and only heard second-hand posts saying that it's a bad idea, but I'm looking more for something I can bring to the project leads that states "autodesk says saving down is a bad idea."

Most of the webpages from Autodesk show how to fix it after the fact, which we know about, but I'm looking more into how to prevent it from happening again.

Message 25 of 29
pendean

Depends: this thread covers more topics than the original.
Plus: are you using a vertical version of AutoCAD?
Are you having these difficulties with AEC content from verticals? Give an example.
And why do you all feel compelled to save down if I may ask? Is there a valid constant nwed, like an office full of mixed versions?
Message 26 of 29
GeorgeFranklin
in reply to: pendean

I just had the same issue with trying to use Ctrl+c to copy.

I looked at the file type that I was trying to copy from, it was a .DXF file. For some reason, it wouldn't copy and kept telling me that the copy to clpboard failed.

However, when I clossed that file and opened the .DWG file of the same drawing, it allowed me to copy to the OS clipboard using Ctrl+c and then pasting it with Ctrl+v.  in the other .DWG drawing.

Hope this helps a few of you that are still trying to resolve this issue.

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
in reply to: GeorgeFranklin

What version of AutoCAD are you using?

It is probaby because you have "Orphaned DNG Lineypes" in your drawing.

To fix this get a Trial version of 2015 and purge the drawing.

Make sure you have check"Automatically purge orphaned data."

This worked for me, I hope it works for you!

-Grant

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous

It turns out that 2015 isn't necessarily required. I and some of my coworkers had this problem crop up a few times, and we found that running RECOVER on the file solved it, using AutoCAD Architecture 2012.

Message 29 of 29
abdul.razzaq

Mr, thank you so much. it really worked. i was facing this problem since 4 month and working very hard with out copy past..

thank you so much

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost