AutoCAD Architecture Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD Architecture Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Architecture topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Logitech Mouse Buttons

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Dhrd
13389 Views, 4 Replies

Configuring Logitech Mouse Buttons

I have a Logitech MX 1100 mouse. Can the buttons be programmed in AutoCAD using the ‘CUI” command, bypassing the programming that is done in Logitech Setpoint.
With the ‘Setpoint’, you are programming the keystrokes with the ‘control’ keys. This is fine in most cases but, in some cases the control key conflicts with the AutoCAD Architecture 2008 sub commands.

Example: If I am stretching the grips of an AEC polygon and I use a button that is configured to use ‘Control+E’ for endsnap, the snap will not work because the control key is for adding a vertex to the polygon.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
spence138
in reply to: Dhrd

I have the Logitech MX Revolution and use SetPoint along with;
UberOptions: http://www.mstar.net/users/rlowens/uberOptions/
AutoHotkey: http://www.autohotkey.com

I have attached the AutoHotkey script file I use. It is setup so that when the mouse is inside the Autocad window it will send specific commands and when outside the Autocad window the buttons send other Windows commands (like Pause/Play for WMP).

For some reason with our new Autocad (just updated to Map 3D 2009), ALT + Mouse buttons don't work if the Menu Bar is shown. What happens now is when the Alt key is pressed all of the shortcut letters on the Menu Bar highlight. This did not happen in our 2004 version.
Message 3 of 5
halo07man
in reply to: Dhrd

I own a Logitech "M570" track ball mouse and it has two additional buttons. One for "forward" and one for "backward" which work in the web browser and when browsing through files and folders on the computer. Is there a way to make these buttons usable for commands in Auto CAD? I love the functions out of CAD and when looking for saved files with in CAD but if commands could be assigned to them it would great. Any feed back is greatly appreciated. Here is the mouse I am using M570 Mouse

Thank You.

Message 4 of 5
David_W_Koch
in reply to: halo07man

Does the driver for the mouse allow for assigning custom keystroke(s) to those buttons?  If so, you will want to see if it also allows for customization on a program-by-program basis, to preserve the forward/backward functionality outside of ACA.

If your mouse driver can be so configured, do the following:

1.  Identify an unused keystroke sequence that is not being used for anything else in ACA (or which you are willing to lose in ACA).  Run the CUI command and, in the Customize User Interface dialog, on the Customize tab, in the Customizations in "XXX" pane, click on the Keyboard Shortcuts node under any customization file to see the currently defined Keyboard Shortcuts.  (For my own use, I chose to use CTRL+F12.  I do not recall if it was already in use or not.)

2.  Determine if the command you want to run is already defined in one of your loaded customization files (Command List pane).  I have my 5th button set to run CTRL+F12 and, in order to have it display the SNAP popup menu, I created a custom command in a custom partial CUIX file that I created to hold my own customizations, which I called Snap Menu.  That command is assigned this macro:  $P0=SNAP $p0=*

If the command you want is already defined, you can use the existing definition.  There is a Snap Menu command in the ACA CUIX - I no longer recall why I created on in my custom CUIX.  (Perhaps in the version in which I originally created it, either it did not exist or I could not find it.  Or maybe I just wanted everything in one CUIX file.)

3.  Decide in which CUIX file you will create the Shortcut Key definition.  They do not need to be in the Main CUIX file - I put mine in the same partial CUIX file that has the command definition (to make the migration to future versions easier).  Expand that CUIX's node in the Customizations in "XXX" pane, then expand the Keyboard Shortcuts node.

4.  Here is the secret handshake part.  I can not tell you how many times I tried to create a new Shortcut Key by right clicking the node and expecting to find "New" as a choice.  What you need to do instead of that is find the desired command in the Command List pane, and drag-n-drop it on the Shortcut Keys node in the All Customizations "XXX" pane.

5.  Select the newly added command under the Shortcut Keys node.  In the upper right side, in the Shortcuts pane (use the arrow key in the lower right corner if you need to expand the dialog to show the panes on the right side), you should find your newly added command with a horizontal line icon in the left column.  Click in the Keys column on the line with your custom command and press the desired keystroke to add the key sequence and to change the icon to a check mark.

6.  Click OK to save the changes to your CUIX file.

7.  Once you assign the keystroke sequence you entered in the Keys column to one of your extra mouse buttons, using that button should run the command.  I can click my fifth mouse button with my ring finger, so the Snap popup menu is only a mouse click away when I want a specific OSNAP override.

David Koch
AutoCAD Architecture and Revit User
Blog | LinkedIn
EESignature

Message 5 of 5
LeafRiders
in reply to: David_W_Koch

AutoCAD has basically a set of commands that already have assigned keyboard shortcuts. Go to your CUI and check them out. You can create a new one by right-clicking the Shortcut Keys heading. Then within your mouse setup assign that key stroke to that mouse butotn. I personally like the "undo" command assigned as one of mine and CTRL+Z is what I placed into the Logitech SetPoint software and it works like a charm.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost